Family Lawyer in Aurora
Our Aurora, CO Family Law Attorneys Will Protect Your Rights and Secure Your Future
At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Aurora family lawyers are committed to providing thoughtful, strategic, and knowledgeable legal representation to clients. With experience handling more than 3,500 family law cases in Colorado, our law firm is ready to take action to protect your rights and help you find the best solution. You deserve personalized attention from your lawyer. To schedule a free, strictly confidential initial consultation with a top-rated Colorado family law attorney, please call us today.
An Overview of the Family Law Services We Offer in Aurora, Colorado
We are proudly celebrating 20 years representing individuals and families in Colorado. With a focus on compassionate, effective legal representation, our attorneys have the skills and experience to handle the full range of family law cases. We will carefully review your case, create a customized action plan narrowly tailored to your specific situation, and fight tirelessly to get you successful results. Along with a wide range of other legal matters, our Aurora family law attorneys have experience assisting clients with:
- Divorce: Going through a divorce is never easy. There are many complex emotional, logistical, and legal issues that must be resolved before a separation can be finalized. At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Aurora divorce attorneys are always ready to help. We will implement a creative, focused approach designed to help you obtain a favorable outcome.
- Property Division: Many divorces get bogged down on issues of asset and debt division. Colorado is an equitable distribution state. Marital property will be divided in a ‘fair’ manner. We have extensive experience helping our clients get access to their rightful share of the property.
- Alimony (Spousal Support): Under Colorado law, the financially advantaged spouse may be required to pay alimony (spousal support or spousal maintenance) to their partner following a divorce. We have experience helping clients with the full range of alimony cases. If you have questions about spousal support in Colorado, call our Aurora family lawyers today.
- Child Custody: In Colorado, child custody cases are handled under the state’s ‘best interests of the child’ standard. What is best for the child’s safety, well-being, and development will take precedence. Our Aurora family law attorneys can help you with all types of custody cases. With a commitment to helping parents find amicable, low-conflict solutions, our trial-tested family litigators are always ready to fight aggressively to protect your rights.
- Child Support: Colorado parents have a legal responsibility to provide financial support to their children. The state has statutory child support guidelines to determine how much is owed. Though, deviation from these guidelines may be appropriate in some circumstances. If you have questions about child support in Colorado, our Aurora family lawyers can help.
- Paternity: Paternity is the basis of parental rights and parental responsibilities in Colorado. A father who wishes to seek custody or visitation rights must establish paternity. A mother who wants child support must prove paternity. Our Aurora family lawyers have deep experience handling paternity cases.
Why Rely On the Aurora Family Lawyers at the Jones Law Firm
Nothing is more important than family. With more than eight decades of combined legal experience, our Aurora family law attorneys have the skills and knowledge to get you results. Our managing CEO April D. Jones is recognized as a leader in the field. When you call our firm, you will consult with an Aurora, CO family lawyer who can:
- Review your case, answer your questions, and explain your options;
- Carefully gather all information and evidence; and
- Craft a personalized strategy focused on getting you the best outcome.
We know that one-size-fits-all legal representation is not right for family law. Your situation is unique and you need a family lawyer who is personally invested in your case. At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Aurora family law attorneys will put in the time and resources to get you the best possible results.
Contact Our Aurora, CO Family Law Attorneys for Immediate Help
At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Colorado family lawyers provide reliable, insightful legal guidance to clients. We know what you are going through and we are here to help relieve the pressure. If you need help with a family law issue, we are ready to get started on your case. For a free, confidential family law consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us today. We represent clients throughout the region, including in Adams County, Arapahoe County, and Douglas County.
Read through the entries in our Jones Law Newsletter
Look at our suggested reading list for adults and kids
Check out our Judges corner to get to know the local judges
We have a network of family therapists if you would like to seek out professional help
Suggested reading if you want to save your marriage
For assertive legal advocacy with your family matter, contact Jones Law Firm, PC today for your initial case evaluation!
Compassionate & Effective Counsel That Makes a Difference
April is very knowledgeable of the law and will not let you down.
I would have jumped over the net and shook your hand today
I couldn’t have gotten a better outcome.
April and staff were wonderful.
The firm is professional, positive and grounded in their approach.
The firm is professional, positive and grounded in their approach. Everyone in the office is always willing to help and is extremely flexible, which I can say is valued by a working professional. There has always been open and prompt communication. Hannah ultimately won our case, and she did so by having strong intellect, presentation skills, and a genuine interest in the well-being of both my daughter and I. I will continue to value the relationship and expertise long after the issues are resolved.
April is well prepared and understands the law and court processes and procedures well beyond anything I have experienced, ensuring success.
Family Law Information
Select Video By Title...
Parenting - Tips for Becoming an Involved Parent
Parental Alienation – Parental Alienation: Protecting Your Children
Child Support – Can I Stop Paying Child Support if My Ex Won’t Let Me See My Kids?
Alimony – Does Cheating Affect Alimony in Colorado?
Finances Video – 5 Important Financial Facts to Know Before Separating from Your Spouse
Cheating Video – 5 Things to NOT DO When You Find Out Your Spouse is Cheating
Colorado’s ‘gray divorce’ rate among highest in U.S.
Latest News & Information
Divorcing a Narcissist? How to Protect Yourself and Your Family
When you finally realize your most reliable partner is a narcissist inflicting emotional abuse on you and your children, how do you escape safely? Divorcing a narcissist isn’t always easy, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Colorado divorce attorney April D. Jones and the senior attorneys at Jones Law Firm, P.C., describe the path from identifying your spouse as a narcissist to finding the right divorce attorney to represent you in your …
Are You Entitled to Spousal Support in Colorado?
In Colorado, courts refer to alimony or spousal support as “spousal maintenance” (or just simply “maintenance”). Courts may award maintenance on a permanent or temporary basis, depending on the circumstances. However, a spouse is not automatically entitled to maintenance, so the court must generally evaluate the situation before deciding whether to award alimony and the amount and duration of payments. Support may be provided temporarily during the divorce process. A court may also award rehabilitative …