Just met someone new before the holidays? You may not yet be at the point of meeting the parents or ready yourself to take your new someone home. If this is the case here are a few tips to help get you through your time apart.
- Talk about how much you two would like to communicate while you’re apart. You have to realize that the two of you may become very busy with various activities. So your communication up until this point will change slightly. Make sure you know that person simply isn’t ignoring you.
- Plan a date for your return. If you both decide on a day to hang out and see each other after the time apart, it will help get you through. And you aren’t left wondering when you will hang out even after each of you or one of you has returned.
- Use electronics and social media wisely. Although you have the tools available to you, use them sparingly. Don’t blow up their phone, email, facebook etc. They need time to be with family, as do you!
- Plan ahead. Want do to something cute for your sweetie? Hide a card in their suitcase, upload a playlist onto their ipod, sneak a picture of you two in there. These little surprises can make both of you feel connected while you’re apart.
- Send a letter. Ditch the electronics and send something a little more personal to say you miss them!
- Play a game online. This can also apply to your phone/tablet. Words With Friends is always a great option or you could opt for something slightly more challenging like chess!
However you decide to stay in contact with your sweetie and tell them you miss them, don’t go overboard. The time apart will make your reunion that much sweeter!
Check out the original article here.