When you first start dating there is non-stop kissing, texting, phone calls just to see how the other person is doing. But things can change 10 or 12 years later. Some couples that have been married for 10 to 15 years have even started taking separate vacations. Maybe it’s time to get back some of that earlier fire. Here are a few things longtime married couples can take from newly dating couples.
1. Holding hands: We all know you graduated to sex years ago, but remember a more innocent time when his or her hand around yours could make you glow? Reach out and touch that special someone’s hand. If it’s been a while, it may be a little awkward at first. But it’ll be worth if it you keep going for it.
2. Flirting with each other: Married couples always let this one go and they need to STOP that. Flirting is the way men and women communicate. So bat those eyelashes and brush his knee in a dark theater. Let it send a thrill up your spine. Send each other a naughty message via text message while you’re at work. It can set the mood for after hours.
3. Trying new restaurants: Visit new places, eat new foods, and go on adventures. Some will be pleasant experiences. Some will not. Either way, it will give you something to talk about. And it will be something that the two of you shared. You will be much happier.
4. Buying little gifts/flowers: When you’re dating, these things happen but fall away as you get further into marriage. Stop that! Make it happen again. Bring home flowers for no reason or small trinkets you saw that he or she might like. It doesn’t have to cost much to have a big pay-off.
5. Dressing up: Change out of those sweatpants once a week and care about what he thinks about you again. Splash on a tie and that fragrance that drives her crazy. Slide on those heels and that lipstick makes him want to kiss you. It will make many things happen all over again.
It may have been years since the wedding, but the honeymoon doesn’t have to end. Get out there and have a sexy affair…with your spouse.