Most people would agree that money is the biggest “problem” in a relationship. Besides communication and sex, money can pose a tremendous problem if you and your sweetie aren’t on the same page. You don’t necessarily have to have the exact same beliefs about money to have a harmonious relationship, but you should definitely discuss your individual money beliefs BEFORE getting married. You probably have a good feel for how your significant other handles their money if you are to the point of marriage, but just in case there are a few guideline questions to ask below.
- What are your current money beliefs? E.g. Is it hard or easy for you to make money?
- What are your current money habits? E.g. Do you spend everything you make, invest it, donate it, live paycheck to paycheck?
- Do you value financial freedom and have you made the decision to become financially free yet? E.g. How much debt do you have, if there is an emergency situation how do you pay for it?
- Do you have a written plan for financial freedom? If so what is your plan and when do you plan to be debt free and financially sustainable?
- When you attain your financial freedom, what is your vision for how you will spend your time? Will you go back to spending the way you always had, what other things will you be able to do that you couldn’t before?
Check out the original article here.