Invested in Every
Highly Recommended by Colleagues, Peers & Clients
Aurora Divorce Lawyer
Our Aurora Divorce Attorneys Want the Best for You and Your Family
At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Aurora divorce attorneys provide tenacious, results-focused legal representation to clients. Your side is our side and we will be a champion for your interests. Representing people in divorce and family law cases in Colorado since 2000, we have the knowledge and skills to help you find the best path forward. If you have questions or concerns about divorce, we are prepared to help. To set up a free, no-obligation initial consultation with a top-rated Colorado divorce attorney, please contact us today.
You can also view our divorce information center for more in-depth info on these topics:Divorce Process Divorce Resource Links Collaborative Divorce Contested divorce Uncontested divorce High net worth divorce Military divorce FAQ
An Overview of the Divorce Laws in Colorado
You can only file for a divorce in Colorado if you meet the state’s residency requirements: At least one spouse must have lived in the state for a minimum of 91 days before initiating divorce proceedings. Colorado operates under a no-fault divorce standard—neither spouse needs to prove that their partner did anything ‘wrong’ to cause the separation. You can get divorced on the grounds that your marriage is irretrievably broken.
How long it takes to get divorced will depend on a number of different factors, the most important being whether the divorce is contested or uncontested. A contested divorce is a case in which a court will need to resolve one or more issues. Contested divorces take longer. In contrast, an uncontested divorce is one that has been fully settled outside of the court. You do not have to choose one lane or the other at the beginning of the process. In many cases, couples are able to resolve their disputes through informal negotiation or divorce mediation.
We Handle the Full Range of Divorce Issues in Aurora
Divorce is complicated. There is a wide range of issues that must be resolved before a separation can be finalized. At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Aurora, CO well-versed in the full range family law matters. We understand how difficult it is to end a marriage and we will go the extra mile to ensure that your separation is as smooth as possible. Our Aurora divorce attorneys have extensive experience with:
- Property Division: Colorado is an equitable distribution state. Under Colorado law, marital property and marital debts will be divided in a fair manner. In contrast, separate property is not subject to dissolution. Our Aurora property division lawyers are ready to ensure that you receive your rightful share of the marital assets.
- Spousal Support (Alimony): Following a divorce, one spouse may owe support (alimony) to their former partner. In Colorado, courts recognize several types of alimony, including temporary, rehabilitative, reimbursement, and permanent. Our Aurora alimony attorneys will protect your financial interests.
- Child Custody: For parents, going through a divorce can be especially challenging. In Colorado, custody, and visitation are often referred to as parental responsibilities. Our Aurora child custody lawyers will protect your parental rights and help you find the best solution for your family.
- Child Support: Parents have a duty to provide financial support to their children. The non-custodial parent—the parent without primary physical possession—may be required to make ongoing payments in accordance with Colorado’s child support guidelines. If you have questions about support, our Aurora child support attorneys can help.
Why Trust the Aurora, CO Divorce Lawyers at the Jones Law Firm
We are proud of our strong reputation as leaders in the field of family and divorce law in Colorado. Our Managing CEO April D. Jones is an aggressive, knowledgeable, compassionate advocate for clients. Jones Law Firm is made up of a team of elite family lawyers. We are ready to take immediate action to protect your rights. Among other things, our Aurora divorce attorneys will:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your divorce case;
- Gather and organize all relevant documents, records, and evidence;
- Craft a customized legal strategy focused on getting you the best outcome possible.
We know that every family law case is unique. The approach that works well in another Colorado divorce case may not be the right answer for you and your family. We always put in the time, effort, and resources to provide clients with truly personalized attention. With experience handling more than 3,500 family law cases, our law firm has a long record of success and satisfied clients.
Call Our Aurora Divorce Attorneys for Immediate Assistance
At Jones Law Firm, PC, our Colorado divorce lawyers are committed to protecting your rights and preserving your future. We provide thoughtful, strategic, focused guidance to each and every client. For a free, completely confidential initial consultation, please contact our legal team right away. We serve clients in Aurora and beyond, including in Douglas County, Adams County, and Arapahoe County.
We are dedicated to going after the best possible outcomes for our
Aurora clients: Contact us today at (888) 850-9851 to learn more or to get started with a free consultation.
Compassionate & Effective Counsel That Makes a Difference
April is very knowledgeable of the law and will not let you down.
I would have jumped over the net and shook your hand today
I couldn’t have gotten a better outcome.
April and staff were wonderful.
The firm is professional, positive and grounded in their approach.
The firm is professional, positive and grounded in their approach. Everyone in the office is always willing to help and is extremely flexible, which I can say is valued by a working professional. There has always been open and prompt communication. Hannah ultimately won our case, and she did so by having strong intellect, presentation skills, and a genuine interest in the well-being of both my daughter and I. I will continue to value the relationship and expertise long after the issues are resolved.
April is well prepared and understands the law and court processes and procedures well beyond anything I have experienced, ensuring success.